I understand more than anyone how difficult it can be for you to find a reliable mechanic. Whether you just need someone to give your car a quick once over and check everything is in order, or if you need a major service to bring your car back up and running smoothly.
Increase the lifespan of your car by booking it in for a full service by Services 700 in Bury. We’re trained on the latest techniques with the latest diagnostic equipment, and we are committed to providing a friendly, straightforward and honest service.
Benefits across all cars
Although I specialise in Fiat and Mini Cooper vehicles, I have a wealth of knowledge across the board for car servicing. I have a true passion for motor vehicles and this is reflected in my dedicated approach to servicing your vehicle with acute attention and personal touch that reflects my passion for all cars.
I’ll always go through costs with you before-hand so that there’s no surprises at the end of a service and I’ll be in touch if any further issues are spotted.
What’s Involved in a Full Service?
Never to be overlooked, As part of a full service for your car our pre-engine check usually covers the following:
- Check car history.
- Check timing belt replacement interval.
- Check for damage to bodywork, lamps and trims.
- Check condition of all seat belts.
- Check operation of interior and exterior lights.
- Check operation of ABS and/or air bag warning lights.
- Check windscreen washers and wipers.
- Check horn.
- Check operation of suspension dampers.
- Lubricate all door hinges, locks, and bonnet catches.
- Check fuel cap.
We’ll look under the bonnet to make sure that everything is working smoothly and as it should, generally we will cover the following:
- Check cooling system.
- Check anti-freeze protection.
- Check brake fluid boiling point.
- Check all auxiliary drive belts.
- Check engine breather system.
- Check vacuum pipes.
- Check power steering operation and fluid condition.
- Check full throttle settings and lubricate linkage.
- Check battery level and lubricate terminals.
- Check and top up all under bonnet fluid levels.
Because we are so familiar with BMW Minis and Fiat 500s we also have a secret list of checks that some garages may overlook if they are not specialists, such as common coolant system faults or the bypass valve.
- Change oil, filter and fit new sump plug washer.
- Check fuel lines and brake pipes.
- Check the condition and security of the exhaust.
- Check and top up rear axle and transfer box oil levels.
- Check and top up gear box oil level.
- Check all steering and suspension joints, mounting and gaiters.
- Carry out tyre check.
- Check all wheel bearings for excessive ‘play’ and noise.
- Check CV gaiters and joints for wear or splits.
- Check clutch adjustment and adjust.
- Grease all greasing points.
- Check operation and condition of front brakes.
- Check operation and condition of rear brakes, including handbrake.
- Carry out brake report.
- Refill engine oil.
- Torque wheel nuts/studs.
- Road test vehicle and report any findings.
- Re-check engine oil level.
- Carry out emission report.
- Reset service lights.
- Ensure all upholstery, gear lever, steering wheel etc. are clean.